Monday, July 9, 2012

Cherry mead

Tonight I opened another of the home made cherry meads my friend and
coworker home brewed for me. It's from some organic local honey from
the health food store.

Surprisingly it has some fizz to it. Has a mild yeast flavor, but is
quite mild. Very little cherry flavor which is good for me since I am
not a huge cherry fan.


Reminds me of a story my grandmother told over dinner once. She was
making a cherry pie and decided to sample some of the fruit.

After eating a cherry she gasped and said "what is wrong with these
cherries they taste awful!"

The she realized that all the cherries she had lately were from her
nightly manhattans.

Yes that's right my grandmother is so bad ass that only cherries
soaked in booze taste correct to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment